
The halls fall away beneath my feet. The dirt takes its place. I have never felt the way I do sitting here this morning. Like i've jumped off the bullet train of life and landed on this grassy knoll covered in the sweet morning dew.
Everyone passes in front of me. No one says "Hello" and really means it. No one says "Goodbye" and awaits your return. But that is ok with me. Because I am at peace. This world has nothing for me. Nothing but reflection and human experience. The relationship I have with it almost seems like a movie I am watching from my grassy haven.
The things I worried about were so five minutes ago. But I know it wont last. Before long the train will have noticed my absence and reach out with its long skeletal arms and jerked me back on.
But it is the moments like these that I revel in. They keep me alive. They keep me well. They keep me coming back for more. They teach me to say "hello" and really wonder how someone is, and to say "goodbye" and long to see that person again. They teach me that we are all just players in the game and that to win sometimes you must cheat the system. You must jump the train.
You must sit on the knoll and watch the world go by.
No comments:
Post a Comment