
The lights are blurring now. Walking my way back across town. Up the stairs to my secret sanctuary. You might think its weird, but only till you try it. I step under the hot running water and it soaks my body. I let it run away with my mind. The day just slips away and carries me to a better place. A place of peace... without time. If it wasn't two in the morning i'm sure I would have more important things on my mind right now. Like that 8am class I have... in 6 hours.
Damn.
I sit down in the shower. The water pounds my back, massaging it and warming me from my core. It speaks to me, like Bob Marley, it sings "Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright." The voice echoes in my head and awakens me from my daydream where I was sitting on a beach sipping the most amazing strawberry daiquiri you've ever had in your life. I'm back in the shower. It now has reached steam room proportions. I can't see my hand in front of my face. Out of sight out of mind, and right now my mind is empty. It's nice to have nothing fighting for my brain power at the moment. Nothing in it but the water. I close my eyes and follow each drop down my spine until I feel it slide off into the pool on the bottom.
Heaven has never felt so good on earth. Then I remember. I'm in the shower. So its off with the stream of Heaven, and into the cool hard reality outside those shower doors. Facing it somehow will never be the same. I will always come back to that sanctuary where it can all go away for a short time. There. At my favorite appointment. At 2am with showerheads.
No comments:
Post a Comment